Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Last Friday was my mom's birthday, and for one of her presents, I gave her a sketch drawing that I did in class. The scratch board works, is there is a layer of metallic gold underneath a thin layer of black...uh... paper. Anyway, you scratch away the black to get to the gold. This drawing was inspired by our Africa trip that our family is going to take in 2013. The texture caused by scratching help make the African trees and plants look very realistic. I hope that the large tree to the right catches the eye because it was the first one I made and I believe the texture is unrepeatable.
My mom is always telling me how she wishes she could be there and I hope this gives he a little bit Africa. Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you! 

Ha, ha, did you notice my reflection in the shimmer of the gold? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cody:
    Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday gift and wishes. You have the ability to always make me smile. I love the fact that you included my gift in your first blog. You are the best and I love you very much. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete